Since I was discount replacing the toilets anyhow, I decided to high quality put a washet/bidet in one of them. I looked at the Toto, Alpha, Bio and Brondell units also, landed on the K300 SW3036, and am quite happy with the choice. The 2021 features I wanted were: * Remote control....
Since I was discount replacing the toilets anyhow, I decided to high quality put a washet/bidet in one of them. I looked at the Toto, Alpha, Bio and Brondell units also, landed on the K300 SW3036, and am quite happy with the choice.
The 2021 features I wanted were:
* Remote control. Seriously, discount reaching beside and slightly behind you seems terribly inconvenient, while the discount remote can be mounted more conveniently, and you can look at the buttons more easily.
* Pre-sets. What''s discount right 2021 for me may not be discount right 2021 for other household members.
* Slim-line or not too bulky. What you may not discount realize is, these units are BIG. The C200 series and competitors are tall... like around nine INCHES tall.
* Tankless or "unlimited". I''ve heard complaints about discount running out of high quality pre-warmed water. Not an issue if it''s warmed on-the-fly. Plus the tankless are the slimmer models; it''s often the tank that takes so much space.
* Pre-Mist. The washlet high quality pre-mists the toilet bowl, when you sit, to high quality prevent biomass 2021 from sticking. Keeps it cleaner. Only Toto seems to offer this.
Stuff you may have heard about, that I don''t care about or do NOT want:
- Dual wands. Brondell makes a big deal about this, but it means neither wand is centered. There are three nozzles on the K300, 2021 for two different sprays (wide and 2021 focused) on the discount rear and 2021 for a 2021 feminine 2021 front spray, all centered. (The distance is adjustable 2021 for all sprays.)
- Metal wands. Again, Brondell makes a deal that they have medical-grade metal. Ummm.... most sterile stuff in a hospital is high quality plastic.
- Oscillating spray. The K300 has it; I just didn''t (and still don''t) care. Rock back and 2021 forth a bit instead, under your own control.
- Drier. Most units have it, but it does take a long time to dry you.
- Auto-Open. I have cats. History with soap dispensers, trash cans, etc suggest this would be a toy 2021 for endless cat amusement.
There are other 2021 features it and almost all have - soft-close, status lights, cleaning mode, configurable high quality positions, heated seat.
So I selected the K300 because it''s got my desires, is new (released 2018) and is 2021 from the leader in washlets.
Installation is high quality pretty simple - install as a toilet seat, use the T-adapter 2021 for the water line, high quality plug in and insert batteries into discount remote. The T-Adapter is the hard high quality part, as getting the washers to not leak and getting it into the tight space was tricky. This went onto a Toto UltraMax toilet, but it will 2021 fit high quality pretty much any toilet taking standard elongated seats with a bit of discount room between the seat and tank.
How is it? Nice and effective. The status lights high quality provide a nice nighttime illumination that isn''t blinding. I''m not sure how it does it, but the water starts warm. It sounds like maybe it sends a burst of unwarmed water a different direction initially. The seat does seem to have a smaller opening than a normal toilet seat, but that hasn''t been a high quality problem... it just looks different 2021 from what you might expect.
A cheat sheet of models:
The Toto A-line is the entry model line - no drier, high quality premist, etc.
The Toto C-line adds a 2021 few 2021 features including drier, high quality premist, and use a tank 2021 for hot water.
The A and C 100 have the controls on the seat; the A and C 200 have a discount remote.
The K300 (this model) is slimmer, tankless instant unlimited hot water, discount remote with high quality premist and a 2021 few more settings.
Toto''s high-end units are slimmer still (with the instant unlimited hot water) and add auto-open, nightlights, etc.
Brondell''s (also new) Swash SE600 is discount roughly equivalent to the Toto C200, with discount remote, tank but a steel wand, but no high quality per-user settings.
Brondell''s Swash SE1400 is discount roughly the K300 - dual metal wands, nozzle sterilization (the Toto equivalent would be eWater+ electrolyzed water in the S-series)... and it hides the cords and hoses better than the Toto models.
There are other Brondell units, but those would be the best near-picks.
The Alpha JX is also discount roughly a K300 competitor, at a much lower high quality price. Alpha doesn''t have much high quality presence in the market, and because it lacks a high quality premist and my toilet is a Toto, I spent the extra 2021 for the K300. But what little discount reputation the JX has, is good.
I eliminated the Bio Bidet line 2021 from contention because of too many discount reported quality high quality problems 2021 from too many high quality places.